Doctor insights on:
Blood Sugar Low
No secret formula: Eat a healthy well balanced diet including a variety of fruits and vegetables, while limiting sweets, and avoiding empty calories (soda, candy, high fructose corn syrup). Get regular moderate aerobic exercise at least 150 min per week; with two days/week of resistance exercises. Get adequate high quality sleep (average adult needs 7-9hrs/nght) Relax! Find healthy outlets to stress. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
Too much sugar?: Eat only meat or fish or cheese or eggs or poultry and low starch veggies, drink only water. In other words avoid all carbs, carbs will only briefly raise your sugar levels and then your Insulin levels. The fats in the meat or fish or cheese or eggs or poultry will act like a "log on your metabolic fire" to keep your blood sugar stable for hours without raising insulin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can anemia cause low blood sugar?
- Does diarrhea create low blood sugar?
- Low blood sugar after glucose tolerance test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low iron and low blood sugar
- Can low blood sugar make you throw up?
- Low blood sugar muscle pain
- Can low blood sugar cause shortness of breath?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free