Doctor insights on:
Blood Sugar Blood Test
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
I'm type 2 diet controlled, I have a blood test every 6 months. What to use to check my sugar levels day to day?
About how long will the sugar from a chocolate candy bar remain in the body (standard blood test coming up)?
Depends: It depends on whether you are diabetic or pre-diabetic or not. ...Read more
Bottle of fizzy club orange with lots of sugar about half hour before i got blood test.. How would this effect it?
Depends on test: If you were having a blood glucose test, this will cause it to be artifactually high. However, many blood tests must be performed fasting, while others are not affected by eating or drinking. Without known what you were being tested for, this is probably not a complete answer. ...Read more
Normal blood sugar but have +1 in sugar un urine. I was fasting for more than 12 hrs when i got blood test then ate a lot before urine test. What is ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can high blood sugar affect pregnancy test?
- Can i drink water before a fasting blood sugar test?
- Home blood sugar test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Non fasting blood sugar test
- Can you drink coffee the morning you have a fasting blood sugar test?
- Will adderall affect blood sugar test
- Random blood sugar test range
- Talk to a pathologist online for free