Doctor insights on:
Blood Pressure Rises Instead Of Falls When I Stand Up Is That Abnormal
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
I have been having issues with my blood pressure rising and falling sharply during the night. It was 90/60 and then went to 117/78. I can feel it shifting even while lying in bed awake.. What is this?
Normal blood pressure: Both values that you mentioned are considered normal. Unless you're having high or too low blood pressure, would not worry too much about these variations. Part of these variations and "adrenaline surges", might be related to anxiety. Repeated blood pressure checks may contribute to anxiety and stress, and therefore higher blood pressure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was wondering what does it mean when my blood pressure falls from laying down to sitting position?
How much can your blood pressure rise when you are sick? If i normally have a BP of 120/82 and it is 150/100 when I am sick, i'd that ok or no?
My blood pressure in the morning is usually around 135/85 systolic and dyastolic but rises to around 145/87 in the afternoon; what could be resposible?
Nervous system?: In the morning, your parasympathetic nervous system (pns) is more active, this will tend to keep your BP low. However as the day progresses you may be overly actviating your sympathetic nervous system (sns)- this could cause an increase in bp. Other things to consider are caffeine, sugar, fried foods and other stressors you may be exposed to during the day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is it that when i stand up or even look up i get dizzy and lightheaded?
- Pressure in forehead and left arm numbness whenever i stand up what is that
- When i stand up from sitting to long i get dizzy is that good
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is wrong with the arch of my foot it goes down when i stand up?
- Why is it that when i stand up i suddenly get really dizzy?
- Why does my diastolic pressure raise when i stand up?
- My eyes are blood shot and hurt when i blink considering visine is that good
- Talk to a cardiologist online