Doctor insights on:
Blood Pressure During Heart Attack
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Lower=better: You should keep you BP less than 120/80 most of the time (during exercise it will be higher). In general, the lower the better, as long as you're not dizzy. For example, if you were 100/50 at rest and felt fine, that would be great. See your doctor every 4-6 weeks until you're well controlled. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: This is very individual. If you have had high blood pressure for a long time, your body is used to it and may tolerate it longer. If you for example take Cocaine or other drugs that raise your blood pressure suddenly, even a small increase can give you a heart attack. No guarantees either way.. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Different: Severe acute hypertension can cause tear of aorta and sudden death or need for emergency surgery. Can happen anytime with elevated bp but scary at 180 systolic and 120 diastolic. Can also cause left ventricular strain and hypertrophy and heart failure but usually not a heart attack acutely. ...Read more
Can you have a heart attack with a blood pressure of 102/82... what happens if the numbers get closer together like 103/89?
Heart Attack: It depends on what you mean by "attack"; yes any number of cardiac events can be preceded by the examples of BP quoted ;the difference between the the 2 quoted numbers is insignificant clinically ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is blood pressure elevated during heart attack?
- Is blood pressure high during a heart attack?
- Low blood pressure during heart attack
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does your blood pressure rise during a heart attack?
- Does your blood pressure change during a heart attack?
- Can your blood pressure be normal during a heart attack?
- Blood pressure during anxiety attack
- Talk to a cardiologist online