Doctor insights on:
Blood Pressure During Heart Attack
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Depends: This is very individual. If you have had high blood pressure for a long time, your body is used to it and may tolerate it longer. If you for example take Cocaine or other drugs that raise your blood pressure suddenly, even a small increase can give you a heart attack. No guarantees either way.. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lower=better: You should keep you BP less than 120/80 most of the time (during exercise it will be higher). In general, the lower the better, as long as you're not dizzy. For example, if you were 100/50 at rest and felt fine, that would be great. See your doctor every 4-6 weeks until you're well controlled. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Different: Severe acute hypertension can cause tear of aorta and sudden death or need for emergency surgery. Can happen anytime with elevated bp but scary at 180 systolic and 120 diastolic. Can also cause left ventricular strain and hypertrophy and heart failure but usually not a heart attack acutely. ...Read more
It can happen: Blood pressure is an element and the very high can tear the aorta or the coronaries, but blockage by plaque and clot occurs with or without BP elevation. The very low- shock can cause low coronary or brain blood flow. Generally less than 70-80 mm hg is a concern. Brain maintains good auto regulation from about 60 -160 if there is not other blockage or micro vessel disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can your blood pressure be normal during a heart attack?
- Does blood pressure drop during a heart attack?
- Does your blood pressure change during a heart attack?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is blood pressure high during a heart attack?
- Does your blood pressure rise during a heart attack?
- Is blood pressure elevated during heart attack?
- Heart rate and blood pressure during isometric exercise
- Talk to a cardiologist online