Doctor insights on:
Blood In Vomit After Being Checked Into Hospital Do I Save For Nurse To See
Good idea: Should be sent to lab for testng at the very least. ...Read more
Depends: If you start off vomiting blood from the beginning of being sick - you probably need to go to the emergency room. If you have been throwing up and after a few episodes of vomiting you begin to see a few spots of blood, you are probably ok to just treat your illness and ignore the blood. But if there is lots of blood, or if what comes up is all blood, you need immediate attention. ...Read more
Call for appt now.: Though the fact that it has not recurred (yet) doesn't make it an emergency, none the less, blood in vomit cannot be ignored, even if it occurs only once. Call your primary care doc and check with there first. ...Read more
Yes: See prior answer for more details.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes, it's dangerous!: Your body is issuing a warning that your habit of purging through vomiting is tearing you up -- literally. Please, please see your physician about this, so you can protect your physical health. Also so you can begin treatment for your eating disorder. It is very dangerous. ...Read more
Important question.: If you vomit blood, it can actually look just like coffee grounds. Of course, it can look like bright red blood - particularly if bleeding is heavy or rapid. Blood that works its way through the whole GI tract can look like tar: shiny black tar. Having said all this, it is important to be evaluated by a doctor if you are having these symptoms. Seek urgent help if you feel you are in danger. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Blood in vomit after being checked playing hockey and hitting tooth
- How often will i be awakened and checked by a nurse after my surgery?
- Blood in poo and toilet paper should i save it for doctor to see
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I checked my blood sugar and it was 171 do i have diabetes
- Do i have to see a doctor after a miscarriage?
- What do i do after being electrocuted?
- Why do i keep vomiting after eating?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free