Doctor insights on:
Blistering Skin Disorders
What's the actual science behind acupuncture and how it is effective for skin disorders and other medical conditions?
Block obstructions.: A number of chemicals/neurotransmitters can be impacted by acupuncture: serotonin, norepinephrine, substance p, gaba, dopamine, b- endorphin, acth, dynorphins, leucine - enkephalin & methionine-enkephalin. Acupuncture blocks obstructions in blood flow, lymphatic drainage, nerve conduction and chi. Different forms of acupuncture have different impacts. Major meridian energy work can help skin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not any more, mostly: Puva stands for "psoralen plus ultraviolet-a" - you take a drug called psoralen, which sensitizes your skin to long-wave uv light, then you go in a uv light box. It was used to treat psoriasis and other skin diseases, but in recent years it has largely been replaced by narrow-band uvb light treatment, which works better and avoids the risks of psoralen, such as sunburn and cataracts. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sirius skin disorder
- Skin and scalp disorders and diseases
- Can lupus cause a skin pigmentation disorder?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Maleska skin disorder
- Can a hematologic disorder cause itching and burning under skin?
- Lupus skin disorders coconut oil
- Describe diseases and disorders of the skin
- Talk to a dermatologist online