Doctor insights on:
Bleeding In The Penis Emergency
Blood or hematuria?: Hematuria = blood in urine ; can be due to infection, kidney or bladder stones, prostatitis, urethral stricture, cancer of prostate, bladder or kidney. Plain blood from urinary opening can be due to urethritis, bladder stone, urethral polyps, hpv, std or prostate cancer. You should see a urologist for diagnosis ; treatment. ...Read more
Hematuria : Luckily the vast majority of cases, blood in the urine (or from the tip) is benign in his age group. Etiology could be from a recent trauma (kick to the groin), scar tissue in the urine channel (associated with decreased stream, incomplete emptying), urinary infection (frequency, urgency, burning), narrowing at the tip of the penis (meatal stenosis). No urgency but setup appt with pediatrician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not good: Generally it means something is wrong that should be evaluated by your doctor soon. ...Read more
Not sure where: it was flicked or how hard - but if urethra was flicked it could have caused trauma. See physician if bleeding is not coming under control or if you have engaged in any high risk behaviors for STD's. Take care. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bleeding after emergency contraception
- Penis glans peeling and bleeding
- Bleeding from the penis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes bleeding from penis?
- Heavy bleeding during period emergency room
- Is sudden unexplained bleeding from my ear an emergency?
- What do it mean when a boy is bleeding from his penis?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free