Doctor insights on:
Dr Pest Control: Most likely benign, but need better description. Call a pest control company. ...Read more
Thieves Oils: Theives oil will kill all molds; but nothing will work well until the moisture problem is cleared up. This is a proprietary blend of essential oils of clove, rosemary, cinnamon, eucalyptus and lemon. Several studies have shown effectiveness in killing mold spores. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No known risk: Slime molds differ from the molds that grow on and behind walls and carpets. No known risk to humans or animals from slime molds. Reliable sources 1) general: https://www.cdc.gov/mold/faqs.htm 2) hurricane: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5508a1.htm ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My mom unknowingly used 2 pcs of bread from a loaf that had black mold. Made my daughter a grilled cheese sand(no mold)Daughter ate 1/4 of it. Toxic?
Usually not : Most molds are harmless, but some are dangerous. Some contain mycotoxins. The USDA has a nice chart about how to deal with various foods that are moldy. Check it out for all the details. It breaks down into the two obvious options – http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/molds-on-food-are-they-dangerous_/ ...Read more
Clean it: Black mold can cause localized and possible systemic infection. Clean it first by placing it in a container with denture cleanser or 2-3 drops of bleach in water. Let it soak overnight. Use a regular toothbrush under running water to scrub off the mold. Repeat as necessary to remove the mold. Leave the mouth guard in a clean container ; denture cleanser when not in use. Change solution daily. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
I found mold growing in my CPAP hose, and my filter was literally covered in a black powdery mold. Having allergy/cold symptoms. See a DR?
Allergy to mold: It is good that you have found the source of the mold , the next step would be making the cleaning a routine. If your allergic symptoms subside after a thorough cleaning (Clorox?), then no further evaluation needed. If the problem persists, then consult an allergist to find out if you have become allergic to the mold. ...Read more
Leave the area: First step in treating toxic mold exposure is to leave the affected environment if possible. Then you need to detox from the mycotoxins that make you toxic. If you would like more information please schedule a consult. ...Read more
Seeing starbusts big ones and rainbow halos around certain white lights doctor said it isn't cataracts , certain lights only big starbusts and halos?
3 weeks boy. White-blond hair. Pupils seem to be black, but has greyish ring in iris. Fluorescent light reflects off eyes. Has brown freckle. Albinism?
Oculocutaneous: Albinism is a group of 4 conditions, each caused by a specific gene mutation inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern. When both parents carry the gene mutation, each of their children has a 25% chance of having oca. See his pediatrician ; a pediatric ophthalmologist for diagnosis ; referral to a geneticist if he has it. Lack of melanin in the retina causes vision problems, so you need to know. ...Read more
1yr+ shadows on wall behind dryer are actually black mold; intake ambient air = sporesin clothes. Allergy. symptoms 3+mo. Cleaned safely. What are my risks?
Low risk: Black mold is problematic for people with definitive allergies to the mold but, if you're not allergic to the mold just being in the same room with the mold without disturbing the mold should not pose a health risk. There's a lot of hysteria about "black mold" perpetuated by companies that charge exorbitant prices to eradicate it...it's not a big health risk. ...Read more