Doctor insights on:
Black Specks Under The Fingernails
Hi, i am scared, my fingernails have changed colour, i did used to have black under my fingernails and i hope it is just fungi, please help me?
Nail issues: The best thing would be to have it checked out as it could be anything from fungal infection to injury or other disease. If you have ridges it could also be fungal infection but it is difficult to say without looking at it. See your doctor. If it developed acutely it could be an injury but you would have known it since it would be painful to have it bleed and have the blood underneath turn dark. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
One of my fingernails is black by the cuticle and on the front. It doesn't wash off. Is it a fungus?
Not necessarily: If it appeared quickly, like over night, then it most probably is trauma. It may also be a mole growing in the area or a fungus. Smokers may get some black in the cuticle and nail. If it lasts for more than two weeks, then go to your dermatologist to have it diagnosed. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Black lines under fingernail
- Black dots under fingernails
- Black streaks under fingernails
- Black line under fingernail
- Black dot under fingernail
- Black splinter lines under fingernails
- Black spot under fingernail
- What are the black spots under my fingernails?
- Talk to a dermatologist online