Doctor insights on:
Black Mold Spores In Lungs
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
Yes.: Though you probably release more of them just carrying the wood to the fireplace. ...Read more
Unlikely: You have not mentioned if the cat litter has been used by the cat. It is unlikely as the histoplasmosis is more in keeping with areas where you live such as the midwest or OHio River valley. If the little has been used you might think about how the litter is handled and can get toxoplasmosis. ...Read more
No: Mold should not be growing in your home. There are several molds that are black in color and all could potentially cause human illness either as an allergen or a respiratory irritant for others. If mold is seen on a wall this often is due to a water leak from a hidden pipe and might require removal of the sheetrock to determine the source. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Reversal image: The x-ray is a 'negative' of x ray transmission. This means that things that block transmission appear light and things that allow them to pass easily appear dark. The lungs normally are full of air and are expanded so the x-rays easily pass through, exposing the plate and making them dark. Pathology like a tumor would block the rays and appear light. ...Read more
No known risk: Slime molds differ from the molds that grow on and behind walls and carpets. No known risk to humans or animals from slime molds. Reliable sources 1) general: https://www.cdc.gov/mold/faqs.htm 2) hurricane: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5508a1.htm ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can't exclude possib: Cat litter contains cat droppings which harbor oocytes of toxoplasma gondii. These take about 7 -10 days to mature to an infective form for humans. Usually you get the disease by contaminating your hands and transferring the organism to your mouth by swallowing food, etc. Certainly not impossible to inhale and swallow organisms but not sure how one would prove this. ...Read more
Throat, eyes, & lungs irritated from a large amount of candle smoke in small room due to small candle fire. Black stuff in nostrils. Should I worry?
Self resolving: Symptoms should resolve spontaneously but if they persist then get evaluated. ...Read more
All : All plants participate in photosynthesis, a chemical reaction that converts carbon dioxide into organic compounds such as sugars, using the energy from sunlight. In general the more chlorophyll present (the substance that provides the green color to leaves), the more photosynthesis that will be taking place. Therefore as a general rule, the larger and leafier the plant, the more photosynthesis that will be occurring in the presence of sunlight. However, having more indoor plants will not result in a significantly lower carbon dioxide concentration than the rest of the atmosphere, as indoor air is always in communication with the rest of the environment. Also, carbon dioxide at these concentrations is not harmful to humans, and having indoor plants does not result in significant air detoxification that can be attributed to any meaningful health benefits. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I found mold growing in my CPAP hose, and my filter was literally covered in a black powdery mold. Having allergy/cold symptoms. See a DR?
Allergy to mold: It is good that you have found the source of the mold , the next step would be making the cleaning a routine. If your allergic symptoms subside after a thorough cleaning (Clorox?), then no further evaluation needed. If the problem persists, then consult an allergist to find out if you have become allergic to the mold. ...Read more
Painted a wall in my house windows were open paint dried closed all windows but could still smell the paint will this kill me?
Expected : It will no kill you. But to minimize exposure you may wait a day after painting before sleeping in the room. ...Read more
They can: Dust mites can live in clothing, although most people wash their clothes often enough for this to not be a problem. The biggest area they live is in bedding. If you're allergic to dust mites, you can get a special cover for your mattress. You should also wash your bedding regularly to keep them under control. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can airborne allergens cause greenish mucus or colored mucus from lungs and nose not in large amounts just small particles?
Sure: Sure, only small particles are necessary to cause an allergic response. There are times in allergy season when certain offenders are visible, as in the spring when oak pollen covers you car in a green dust, but most of the time these particles are not visible to the naked eye. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Molds consist of airborn spores and spreading forms (hyphae) growing on surfaces. Several species are black including stachybotrys and aspergillus. Black mold ingestion has been associated with a toxic syndrome with brain and blood disorders. Most patients do not ingest black mold so the correlation with their ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Black spore mold
- Breathing black mold spores
- Black mold in lungs
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Spores in lungs
- Mold spore levels
- Breathing mold spores consequences
- Breathing in mold spores symptoms
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online