Doctor insights on:
Birthmark Sun Protection
I have some spots on my legs and one looks like a birthmark but it wasn't there before and they turn red in the sun.I don't know what the are?
Dermatologist: as there is not really a question her and what type of birthmarks are you talking about,see a dermatologist ...Read more
Unlikely to happen: White birthmarks generally reflect an absence or decreased production of pigment in the patch of skin involved.This cannot be reversed. In theory you could transplant a full thickness graft of your skin to cover the area, but it would never look "normal" and would have some visible demarcation at the edges that would call attention to the patch.Most would use a cover makeup for prominent areas. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heredity: These marks are inherited from your ancestors. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is wearing white or black clothing better for sun protection?
- Home remedies for sun protection
- Coconut oil for sun protection
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after taking doxycycline can i go in the sun?
- Blotchy skin after sun exposure
- Can i expose my shingles rash to sun or uv light?
- Sun blister vs cold sore
- Talk to a pediatrician online