Doctor insights on:
Birth Defects Caused By Radiation
Yes: It depends on the amount of exposure and the timing in the pregnancy. Early on in the pregnancy, radiation poisoning will likely lead to a miscarriage. Later on in the pregnancy, radiation poisoning can lead to death or growth disturbances or congenital malformations. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can i go for laser hair reduction if i'm trying to conceive? Do the radiations effect fetus leading to birth defects or other complications.
They can.: Mutations are sometimes caused by ionizing radiation (x-rays, ct-scans) applied to the maternal abdomen/pelvis during early pregnancy (4-12 weeks, before most women realize they are pregnant!). The mechanism is damage to the embryonic dna by the radiation beam. As most pregnant women get x-rays to other parts of their body with lead apron over their abdomen, the practical risk is close to zero. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
What to do if I do not know much about this toxin but I do kno it causes birth defect. so what happens if ist introduced to the environment?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What birth defects are caused by hyperthyroidism?
- Is extreme facial asymmetry caused by birth defect?
- Does radiation poisoning cause birth defects?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Birth defects caused by marijuana
- Birth defects caused by agent orange
- Birth defects caused by thalidomide
- Birth defects caused by teratogens
- Talk to a pediatrician online