Doctor insights on:
My diabetic obese friend has foot pain and some numbness. Is it ok for him to use a menthol gel like biofreeze (2-4%) menthol, on his feet ?
Control risk factors: Menthol is ok but it is only treating the symptom. Your friend needs to treat the cause of the foot pain/numbness which in a diabetic is a signal for neuropathy. He needs to control his blood sugar level, blood pressure (circulation) and cholesterol levels. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is bio-freeze or other topically applied arthritic gel a nono during pregnancy? Horrible migraines, will be applied to neck and back of head if okay.
Maybe: I just checked the biofreeze website and drugs.Com. Basically, it uses menhol applied topically to control pain, with some success. Drugs.Com said that there are no studies done to prove or disprove safety in pregnancy. Therefore, i wouldn't use it unless your ob/gyn has had some success with it and recommends it as O.K. ...Read more
Ever hear of bio freeze gel? Does it wrk for head pressure. Headache. ? If not what can I try other then meds
Wasake gel: Wasake gel is a derivative of silica gel which is a non-toxic substance. Unless eaten in substantial quantities, it is unlikely to cause harm, but rather will be passed unchanged through the digestive system. It is not a food however, and thus not designed to be ingested. ...Read more
No: Ialuxid gel is not sold in the US nor is any exact equivalent. Sorry. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to apply clindamycin gel?
- Aloe vera gel on face overnight
- Adapalene and clindamycin phosphate gel
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Clindamycin phosphate and nicotinamide gel
- Does snail gel work for blemishes and marks on your skin?
- Can you get pregnant while taking metronidazole gel?
- How do you reduce skin peeling while using differin gel?
- Talk to a dermatologist online