Doctor insights on:
Bile Duct Diseases Digestive Health
I live in a college town with many healers who use Asian treatments. Will they work on bile duct diseases?
Bile ducts: No, no, no!Get a more detailed answer ›
Gall bladder removed 7 years ago coz of gallstones. Can I still have bile duct disease? GGT 124. Other liver enzymes all normal.
Gall bladder removed coz of gallstones. No alcohol. Liver function tests all normal. 2 GGT tests- 89, 124 IU/L. Bile duct disease? Need liver scan?
Depends: On cause of stenosis. Benign versus malignant lesion. If plastic stents fail, sometimes a metallic stent with or without fabric covering could be placed. Some will require surgical bypass or repair. Your gastroenterologist and surgeon and interventional radiologist will need to come up with a treatment plan. ...Read more
Blockage: This is usually due to a blockage downstream from the duct like a stone. You should have your blood levels checked and an ultrasound done to rule out stones which can cause other problems in the future. ...Read more
Not sure: You question is a bit confusing. If you rephrase, me or one of my colleagues would be happy to provide an answer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bile duct diseases gallbladder diseases
- Bile duct diseases biliary cirrhosis
- Bile duct diseases biliary tract diseases
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Anal and rectal diseases digestive health
- Bile duct disease symptoms
- Colonic diseases and digestive health
- Digestive health
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online