Doctor insights on:
Use multiple cultures: It would be healthier to use a probiotic product that contains multiple cultures instead of one. Get a probiotic with at least 25 - 50 Billion colony forming units of at least 5 different cultures. Believe it or not it's not hard to find and you can get it in one capsule. Try your local health food store. ...Read more
I need yogurt brands that are non-sweented with active acidophilus. I need several names of yogurts that have this. Please and thank you!
Plain organic yogurt: Most yogurts have lots of added sugar; it is best to get plain yogurt- you can add fresh fruit on your own if you wish. I strongly advise organic yogurt or else it is probably made from cows fed gmo corn which is best avoided. Some of the best brands are stonyfield farms, wallaby and straus family creamery. ...Read more
Do they still make refrigerated acidophilus? The pills & yogurt ones do not work! possibly not strong enough.
Yes, at Whole Foods: Whole foods has a refrigerated section that usually has a wide variety of live acidophilus. Be sure to check the colony count as it can vary widely. Seek at least 2 or 3 billion organisms per capsule. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Acidophilus bifidus side effects
- L acidophilus vs bifidus regularis
- Acidophilus, bifidus and yeast infections
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Acidophilus bifidus capsules for vaginal dryness
- Is acidophilus with bulgaricus bifidus safe for pregnant women?
- Acidophilus bifidus probiotics
- Acidophilus bifidus pregnancy
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free