Doctor insights on:
Bextra Pain Medication
Don't know.: The drug is or was marketed under the name valdure in mexico. You should understand that Bextra and vioxx were removed from the market in the us and canada due to an increased incidence of cardiovascular disease and toxic allergic reactions. Celebrex is the only drug in this class still marketed in the us. There is a clear reason why the drugs are not available. ...Read more
Superb benefit: Unfortunately this medication was pulled from the market because of problems in cardiac surgery patients - for whom its use was inappropriate - although the study was requested by the fda. It is one of the most effective nsaid's we had seen in years, with much lower ulcer risk than most of the others. ...Read more
Bextra was very effective for arthritis inflamation for me but is off the market. Is there a new substitute?
Mistake to remove it: Bextra and vioxx, both cox-2 inhibitors, were both removed. This was very unwise. We use a lot of medications which are much more risky than these. You just have to carefully monitor all meeications. There are no substitutes yet - the closest is Celebrex which is also a cox-2 inhibitor. Our patients will respond to some of those in the NSAID group but none of the others are cox-2 inhibitors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can thyroid medication elevate your liver enzymes and cause pain?
- Narcotic pain medication list by strength
- Narcotic pain medication
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which pain medication is prescribed for relief of a pinched nerve
- Psychiatrist prescribe medications chronic pain
- Can pain medication make you urinate more often?
- When to stop taking pain medication after ankle surgery
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free