Doctor insights on:
Can you tell me about procedure: the scalp was prepped with betadine scrub and solution, draped in the rountine sterile fashion. the?
Question cut off: Not sure where this was leading? Can re-ask. ...Read more
Can you use betadine scrub to clean after urinating or having a bowel movement to prevent bacteria that causes utis?
Topical Betadine: Betadine is the brand name for several topical preparations (scrub, spray, swabs, pads, etc) with 5-10% povidone-iodine, a strong antiseptic, used to prevent bacterial growth. Iodine is a chemical element that the thyroid gland uses to synthesize thyroid hormone. If you mean tincture of iodine, this is a disinfectant, with 2-7% iodine. Betadine is less toxic to human cells than tincture of iodine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I do all the time: This agent has a lot of dependible benefits.I do make an effort to remove all the residual betadine from the skin after the wound is cleaned or stitched.Leaving it on can be very drying and cause later skin sensitivity to the product. ...Read more
Why?: For what purpose?Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to apply betadine scrub to my face?
- Betadine scrub solution
- Betadine surgical scrub information
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can betadine kill fungal?
- Lemon juice and sugar scrub for acne
- Betadine wound healing
- What is the difference between iodine tincture and betadine?
- Betadine surgical scrub msds