Doctor insights on:
If you have an allergy to Chloroprep would you also be allergic to Betadine? After every surgery I break out in poison ivy type rash around site.
Topical Betadine: Betadine is the brand name for several topical preparations (scrub, spray, swabs, pads, etc) with 5-10% povidone-iodine, a strong antiseptic, used to prevent bacterial growth. Iodine is a chemical element that the thyroid gland uses to synthesize thyroid hormone. If you mean tincture of iodine, this is a disinfectant, with 2-7% iodine. Betadine is less toxic to human cells than tincture of iodine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I do all the time: This agent has a lot of dependible benefits.I do make an effort to remove all the residual betadine from the skin after the wound is cleaned or stitched.Leaving it on can be very drying and cause later skin sensitivity to the product. ...Read more
Why?: For what purpose?Get a more detailed answer ›
Bitten by hermit crab, cleaned with alco wipe n put betadine on it. Anything I should be worried about?
Crab bite: If the skin was broken look out for swelling redness or pain. Using anti biotic ointment on the sore might be helpful. If symptoms appear consult your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Mild alcohol poisoning symptoms
- Does throwing up after drinking alcohol mean you have alcohol poisoning?
- Symptoms of blood poisoning from tattoo
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Alcohol poisoning symptoms next day
- Alcohol poisoning symptoms occur days after
- What are the symptoms of poisoning from paint thinner fumes?
- How long do the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning take to go away?
- Can betadine kill fungal?