Doctor insights on:
Best Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome Treatment
What is the treatment for Wolff-Parkinson-White (wpw) syndrome called in which extra pathway tissue is burned away during a cardiac catheterization?
Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome in a 24 year-old, who gets an ablation to resolve an VF focus, now wonders about sports without an ICD.....?
Pre-excitation: Wpw syndrome is commonly diagnosed on the basis of the surface ECG in an asymptomatic individual. In this case it is manifested as a delta wave, which is a slurred upstroke in the qrs complex that is associated with a short pr interval. The short pr interval and slurring of the qrs complex is actually the impulse making it through to the ventricles prematurely (across the accessory pathway) withou. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Congenital: Wpw is the syndrome associated with an extra (or accessory) pathway between the top (atria) and bottom (ventricle) chambers of the heart. Yes this is present from birth. Patients with the extra electrical connection may have episodes of extreme tachycardia (rapid heart beat). This can be treated with medication or by ablating the extra pathway in a cath lab. ...Read more
Yes: This is usually not a problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
Been on Propranolol 20 mg 2 x daily for Wolff Parkinson white syndrome. Everyone tells me it's unsafe to take beta blocker for WPW? Is this true?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Wolff parkinson white syndrome treatment
- Quickly wolff-parkinson-white syndrome treatment
- Over the counter treatment for wolff-parkinson-white syndrome
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ecg wolff-parkinson-white syndrome
- What is wolff-parkinson-white syndrome?
- Tips to wolff-parkinson-white syndrome
- Is wolff-parkinson-white syndrome genetic?
- Talk to a neurologist online