Doctor insights on:
Best Way To Get Rid Of Constipation
In most : Cases is it is not enough fiber, not enough fluids and excess caffeine and alcohol. Also some medications contribute to constipation and thus your fluid intake needs modification to offset the constipating effects of the meds. There also may be some pathology in your bowel that has yet to be properly evaluated. See a GI doctor or colorectal surgeon if the above measures dont help after 2 weeks. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
constipation: Stay well hydrated (at least 8 - 8 ounces glasses of water per day). Try to get in 5 servings of vegetables and 4 servings of fruit per day – get that fiber in. Stay physically active if possible. There are a number of over the counter laxatives that can be taken orally to help pass retained fecal matter. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Not easy: Some common sense advice- try drinking lots of liquids daily at least 6- 8 glasses of water, add some prune juice, try some over the counter stool softeners/ laxatives as needed. If constipation gets worse, you may need to see a GI doc. I guess some people just don't have a fast gastro-intestinal motility than others. Make it a habit to poop daily. Otherwise, you will be full of s_ _ _ so they say. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
It won't, instead...: Docusate (per PDR) helps moisten & soften hard, dry stools. It is not a true laxative, but facilitates natural defecation, usually within 12 to 72 hours. This is safe &available for anyone over 2. Advice assumes normal GI anatomy without inflammation, stenosis, extrinsic or instrinsic obstruction. Change in bowels is a "red flag" like weight loss or blood in stool that needs evaluation if ongoing. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Best way to get rid of under the skin pimples
- What is the best way to get rid of chest congestion in 10 month old baby?
- What is the best way to get rid of tinea versicolor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best way to get rid of diarrhea
- What is the best way to get rid of a ingrown toenail?
- Best way to get rid of a sinus infection
- Best way to get rid of fordyce spots
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online