Doctor insights on:
Best Way To Control High Blood Pressure
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Combination approach: Consider the combination approach- lower the sodium in your diet, exercise most days of the week, take time to de-stress, and monitor your blood pressure with a home blood pressure cuff to see how well this regimen is working. You may also need medication if the blood pressure doesn't improve with these measures. ...Read more
Depends: Cornerstone of blood pressure control is diet (low salt) excercise (30 min walk three times per week) reduction of anxiety, good sleep, low caffeine and alcohol intake and weight maintenence near ideal body weight. Beyond that is appropriate use of medications depending on the other medical conditions. ...Read more
Diet & exercise: Are key...Why 8 kgs? This will likely take 3-6 months depending upon where you are starting from & how intensely you pursue. ...Read more
I have IBS and high blood pressure, and anxiety. What is the best way to overcome these ailments? I have been prescibed vailium.
What is the best way to fight erectile dysfunction while still on high blood pressure meds like coreg 12.5mg twice a day without other medication?
Many herbs can help: Many herbs that have been proven to lower blood pressure, including hawthorne berries, garlic, polygonum cuspidatum (japanese knotweed, which has resveratrol), coleus forskohlii, chocolate, reishi & maitake mushrooms. However, each may only lower it a few points but can have combined benefits. Other useful measures include diets rich in fruits & vegetables, coq10, magnesium, exercise & meditation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best way to control high blood pressure?
- What is the number 1 way to prevent getting chronic high blood pressure?
- Is there a way for people with high blood pressure to help themselves?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What the best time to take high blood pressure meds?
- What is the best medication to treat high blood pressure?
- Best food to eat for high blood pressure
- How to control high blood pressure during pregnancy?
- Talk to a cardiologist online