Doctor insights on:
Best Short Cervix Treatment
Depends: The only time that would be an issue is during pregnancy. During pregnancy a woman who is known to have a short cervix should be followed closely for the development of an incompetent cervix - that is usually accomplished by performing serial trans-vaginal ultrasound measurements of the cervix and allows for considering a cervical cerclage if the cervix is found to be shortening further. ...Read more
How short?: Short cervix only matters when it comes to pregnancy. If cervix is < than 2.5 cm long, there is increased risk of prematurity. Your OB can check for funneling of membranes into cervix early on, and after 24wks, do a test called fetal fibronectin. If this is positive and you have short cervix, your risk of prematurity is much higher, and your doctor may want to implement steps to reduce risk. ...Read more
I am @ the hospital for short cervix- 3 weeks now- stuck til delivery (23wks pg). My dr has only seen me twice so I never know my status. What can I do?
Ask to speak to MD: This is a difficult position to find yourself in. Many times the general ob/gyn relies on the perinatologists (high risk docs) and residents to round on the patients that are hospitalized. Call the doctor's office and ask to speak with the doctor. Speak with your nurse and ask that she make contact with the office if you are uncomfortable. There should be a doctor checking on you at least daily. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for scarring of the vulva or cervix?
- What is the best treatment for short term memory loss?
- What is the best treatment for short neck?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for short fingers?
- What is the best treatment for blood vessels lying over cervix?
- What is the best treatment for short internal vagina?
- What is the best treatment for short long bones?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free