Doctor insights on:
Best Short Cervix Treatment
How short?: Short cervix only matters when it comes to pregnancy. If cervix is < than 2.5 cm long, there is increased risk of prematurity. Your OB can check for funneling of membranes into cervix early on, and after 24wks, do a test called fetal fibronectin. If this is positive and you have short cervix, your risk of prematurity is much higher, and your doctor may want to implement steps to reduce risk. ...Read more
I am @ the hospital for short cervix- 3 weeks now- stuck til delivery (23wks pg). My dr has only seen me twice so I never know my status. What can I do?
Ask to speak to MD: This is a difficult position to find yourself in. Many times the general ob/gyn relies on the perinatologists (high risk docs) and residents to round on the patients that are hospitalized. Call the doctor's office and ask to speak with the doctor. Speak with your nurse and ask that she make contact with the office if you are uncomfortable. There should be a doctor checking on you at least daily. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Your O.B.'s decision: Cervical cerclage ('putting a string around the cervix) in order to prevent 2nd/3rd trimester pregnancy loss is a clinical decision usually based upon history of prior early pregnancy losse(s). You must decide if the cerclage procedure (w/ low complication rate) is worth the risk or the risk of losing the baby is greater. Congrats on the baby! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for short sightedness?
- Treating short rib polydactyly syndrome
- What is the best treatment for short toes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for short legs?
- What is the best treatment for short neck?
- What is the best treatment for short long bones?
- What is the best treatment for short internal vagina?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free