Doctor insights on:
Best Pancolitis Treatment
Many options: There are many medications that can be used to treat severe ulcerative colitis. See a gastroenterologist who has a sequential plan of which drugs to try first, then progress to others if those are ineffective. There are many steps involved in the evaluation and treatment of this lifelong problem. Surgery is also an option, but is not without risk or side effects. ...Read more
Depends on history: Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the colon. Treatment often includes 5-aminosalicylates, steroids, azathioprine, and other immunosuppressants, escalating to biologic agents targeting tnf. In refractory cases, colectomy may be necessary. Speed of response is somewhat individualized depending on severity of disease and response. See your gastroenterologist for specifics. ...Read more
Ulcerative pancolitis x12yrs.Last 3 annual scopes no dysplasia.Asymptomatoc on 400mg 5asa tid. What are odds of dysplasia?
See below: Pancolitis is just a description of colitis that is affecting the entire colon, & it can come from all types of colitis such as infectious colitis , crohn's colitis, or others. Ulcerative colitis is a specific form of colitis or colon inflammation diagnosed by colonoscpoy & biopsy & which might also cause a pancolitis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for penis scar?
- What is the best treatment for scrotal hematoma?
- Best treatment for transparent teeth
- What is the best treatment for small testes?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free