Doctor insights on:
Best Kidney Scarring Treatment
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Can the kidney scarring that comes with fsgs be lazered? And would this help the disease if the scarring is reduced?
7 mos old had fever 104, WBC 25000, normal urinalysis but positive urine culture. Is this likely a kidney infection? Did this cause kidney scarring?
Maybe: The pediatrician seeing this 7 m.O. Baby knows best. Depending on the organism cultured and the manner in which the culture was obtained, this may be pyelonephritis, but could also be systemic infection with bacteria in the blood creating urinary tract infection secondarily. The nature of the organism, duration of the infection and the manner in which it was treated will determine damages. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Surgery: As you may know there is no medical treatment. Endoscopic endopyelotomy is the least invasive and requires several weeks of stenting( a tube left in the ureter to drain urine from kidney to bladder) until healing. Another option is laparoscopic or robotic repair but this can only be done by a urologist with extensive experience in this. Open surgery is, of course, the time tested treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for penis scar?
- Best acne scar treatment over-the-counter
- What is the best treatment for enlarged kidneys?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for atrophic scars?
- What is the best treatment for scarring of the vulva or cervix?
- Best over-the-counter scar treatment
- Best scar gel treatment
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free