Doctor insights on:
Best Iron Poor Blood Treatment
I am busy with my large family and don't have time for taking a child to doctors for something like iron poor blood. Who do we see for one-stop treatment?
Iron deficiency anem: Anemia makes you tired and pale. Some get lightheaded, or have chest pain or shortness of breath. Iron deficiency can cause "pica" (craving something above and beyond needing it for food). The most common symptom is munching ice. Other people crave starch, chalk, dirt, or other unusual substances. It's important that iron-deficient people see an md so dangerous things like GI cancer are ruled out. ...Read more
19yo F, 5"1 125lb. Had blood test bc dr suspected low iron.Turns out my iron levels are actually beyond high, way too high.what this mean? Treatments?
Find out why first!: Best treatment for thick blood (polycythemia) depends upon cause. Is it polycythemia vera? Or is it due to smoking? Or perhaps excessive anabolic steroids? As a temporizing measure, your family physician can arrange for therapeutic phlebotomy whereby your excess blood is drawn off & thrown away. But for the long term, it's better to uncover the cause as that will then direct treatment. ...Read more
Exercise & Nutrition: Once you've been diagnosed w/hypertension (high blood pressure), decide w/your family doc if you can start w/lifestyle modification before going on meds. With that said, even if you need drugs, lifestyle modification is still a good idea. For instance, quit smoking, exercise regularly & eat healthy. Get enough sleep & consider meditation, too. And buy a BP cuff to measure your response to efforts. ...Read more
Followv up w gi doc: Acute flare up with steroid but many option regarding with maintenance treatment. Your local GI guy would be best serve you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Over the counter treatment for iron poor blood
- Quickly iron poor blood treatment
- Treatment for iron poor blood
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for weak blood vessels?
- What is the best treatment for vaginal discharge with mucus and blood?
- What is the best treatment for unstable blood pressure?
- What is the best treatment for fragile small blood vessels?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free