Doctor insights on:
Best Cure For Bruises
Bruise: For the first 24 hours, i would ice the effected area to minimize the spread of the bruise. After 48 hours, heat may be applied to allow the blood to disperse about the body. The amount of time it takes to heal is highly variable from person to person. ...Read more
Vitamin C and K: Try cold compresses. Also, if you bruise easily, try vitamin k, bromelain, and bilberry extract supplement. Also, vitamin c is used synthesis of collagen and other compounds that affect the skin's and blood vessel's ability to withstand the impacts that lead to bruises. ...Read more
Ice & compression: Ice nd compression help alleviate the acute pain from a bruise. A bruise is really what occurs visibly when there is underlying injury and bleeding. Warm therapy is contraindicated acutely as it will likely aggravate the situation and allow for more bleeding. Compression thwarts further bleeding and swelling by providing counter pressure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treating a bruised tailbone
- Cures for bruise on anus
- Best way to cover a bruise
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best treatment for bruised ribs
- What is the best way to apply heat on a bruised muscle?
- Best way to get rid of bruises fast
- What are the best ways to treat a deep muscle bruise?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free