Doctor insights on:
Best Cjd Treatment
No curative tx: Current treatment for cjd is aimed at alleviating symptoms and making the individual as comfortable as possible. Opiate drugs can help relieve pain if it occurs, and the drugs Clonazepam and sodium valproate may help relieve myoclonus. During later stages of the disease, changing the person’s position frequently can keep him or her comfortable and helps prevent bedsores. Foley cath, ivfluids, supp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Various: There are at least 2 forms. Classic and new variant. Classic includes sporatic and familial) sporadic - which it is unknown but usually occurs later in life. Familial- which is passed genetically. Variant- mostly contamination (small percentage- ie contaminated medical instruments or eating contaminated foods). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Cjd and the new variant cjd (bse) can only be passed by direct exposure to brain, spleen, and lymphoid tissues of an infected individual. Even blood transfusion evidence is controversial. Because of the long latent period and relatively few cases to study, no evidence of human to human transmission are documented, other than by direct exposure to tissue products some cases are hereditary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for penis scar?
- What is the best treatment for scrotal hematoma?
- Best treatment for transparent teeth
- What is the best treatment for small testes?
- Talk to a neurologist online