Doctor insights on:
Best Carsickness Treatment
Love indian culture and yoga. Can I ask an indian doctor at a us hospital to use some treatments from there to heal me of carsickness?
No: Please disregard the previous message. Nausea is a normal reaction to some types of motion. Some people are more prone to it than others. Medications like Meclizine or scopolamine can be helpful. If "motion sickness" occurs at rest, that is not normal. It signifies an imbalance in the inertial guidance systems in your inner ears. If so, you should see a hearing and balance specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Prevention can help: If motion sickness is a frequent problem, then it is reasonable to try to prevent onset of symptoms. Over the counter antihistamines taken 30 min prior to travel can help. Transdermal scopolamine applied 4 hours before travel can also help. Once symptoms start then little can be done. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Accurate history: A careful interview (history) will help your provider determine whether you have carsickness (motion sickness). It is more common in people with migraines. Symptoms can have varying degrees of intensity. Typically nausea and feeling poorly occur when the car is in motion. The more winding the road, the more intense the symptoms. Looking out towards something on the distant horizon seems to help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for penis scar?
- What is the best treatment for scrotal hematoma?
- Best treatment for transparent teeth
- What is the best treatment for small testes?
- Talk to a travel medicine specialist online for free