Doctor insights on:
Best Anthrax Treatment
Long prevention: Anthrax, once clinically evident, usually kills quickly and treatment is not very effective. You may be referring to the 60 day course of antibiotics prescribed for some one exposed to anthrax. This is based on the findings of an outbreak in russia. Exposed individuals developed the disease up to 60 days after exposure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on the type.: Patients with cutaneous anthrax can be treated as outpatients w/ doxycycline. However, inhalational anthrax is a very serious condition that requires hospitalization because of its high mortality rate. Patients will require IV antibiotics. They may also need support of heart and lung function due to the detrimental effects of the anthrax toxin on the body. Inhalation anthrax=possible bioterrorism. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for penis scar?
- What is the best treatment for scrotal hematoma?
- Best treatment for transparent teeth
- What is the best treatment for small testes?
- Talk to a dermatologist online