Doctor insights on:
Varies: each individual is different and how it is absorbed makes a difference. Usually it is 20-30 minutes but it could take over an hour. Sometimes you need a blood level of it to work for the intestines so it may take a day or so to be the most effective if taking it 3- 4 times a day ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Same thing: dicyclomine is the generic name for bentyl, so they are the same. Biggest question is why would you take it? If you've been told you have irritable bowel then find the cause rather than take a bad med to treat the symptoms! Go to A4M.com and use doctor locator tab to find an anti-aging doctor near you to do a gut/stool evaluation with a Genova CDSA or similar. Get the answer and get healthy! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hours: Starting dose is 10 mg 3 times per day. This means that the effect does not last for more than few hours at a time. ...Read more
Is it more effective to take bentyl regularly (three times a day) or "as needed" (when i feel symptoms)?
Pain: Depending on response and triggers of the pain. Discuss with your gastroenterologist or physician that is prescribing the medication. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ddavp ok with alcohol
- Can you drink alcohol while taking cephalexin?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking penicillin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you drink alcohol while taking doxycycline?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking clindamycin?
- Is it okay to drink alcohol while you on your menstrual cycle?
- How long after taking antibiotics can one drink alcohol?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online