Doctor insights on:
Benadryl And Alcohol
Sleepy: If not in excessive doses, would definitely be sleepy. If high or excessive doses of them, or if any thought of self-injury when taking them, should be evaluated and observed in er. ...Read more
Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and alcohol: Benadryl is very sedating. Taking with alcohol may result in respiratory depression. You can stop breathing. Use a non-sedating antihistamine like Allegra or claritin (loratadine). A number of otc medications like nyquil also contain Benadryl (diphenhydramine). ...Read more
Can I safely drink alcohol tonight if I took Benadryl this morning? The alcohol would be about 11 hours after the Benadryl.
My son is nearing 36mos., 34lbs. Is 7.5ml of Benadryl (diphenhydramine) elixir 125mg/5ml every 8hrs too much? Also, prescription Benadryl (diphenhydramine) has 14% alcohol. Does OTC as well?
Check your product: The standard diphenhydramine(benedryl) elixir is 12.5 mg/5ml while the suspension is 25mg/5ml. If you have a 125/5 it would be far too much to give at that weight.If it were the 12.5/5 it would be ok.Available syrup or elixir contain 5-5.6% alcohol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Benadryl alcohol withdrawal
- Benadryl and alcohol side effects
- Does benadryl have alcohol in it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Mixing alcohol and benadryl
- Does benadryl contain alcohol?
- Benadryl alcohol death
- Can you mix benadryl and alcohol?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free