Doctor insights on:
Benadryl Adderall Interact Other
Drug interactions.: Benadryl can be sedating (typically) or stimulating (unusual) . When a reaction occurs opposite to what is typically experienced, it is called a paradoxical reaction. A pharmacist can run a drug interaction screen for you and this is why it is wise to get all of your medications from a single source. Decongestants are stimulants and often used in combination with Benadryl and could be a bad mix. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No big risks: Adderall, a stimulant, and benadryl, an antihistamine, have somewhat opposite effects. Adderall increases alerting brain chemicals like Dopamine while Benadryl reduces the alerting chemical histamine. Adderall is alerting; Benadryl is sedating. There are no drug-drug interactions between the 2 drugs. If both are indicated, they are safe to use together. ...Read more
Can you give Benadryl to a child taking Adderall? He takes 15 mg in am, 10 mg at lunch and 5-10mg after school.
Yes: There are no known interactions with these medicines combined. ...Read more
Best not : Benadryl adversely effects your brain exactly where your adhd impacts it. It decreases your awareness and temporal sequential ordering. Best to use a second generation antihistamine for chronic use against allergies. If you're using Benadryl for sleep, stop and consult your physician for a better alternative. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does the respiratory system interact with other body systems?
- Is it okay to mix benadryl with my other medications?
- Has anyone seen anaphylactic shock from adderall or other stimulants
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Other uses for benadryl
- How do body systems interact with each other?
- Adderall and benadryl
- Can adderall cause seizures?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free