Doctor insights on:
Below Knee Amputation Complications
Depends on why.: Often amp. Is the best option in a particular patient. Mostly depends on nerves working and blood flow. If you have a lack of blood flow from trauma or disease such as diabetes this lead to infections. If trauma leaves you with a foot and no sensation or bones that can't be fixed, amp may be better. With very severe leg injuries patients are back to work/lives faster with less pain and cost w/ amp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Blood loss in any surgical procedure depends on the circumstances of the surgery and the skill of the surgeon. So, it is possible to have a below the knee amputation and lose very little blood. It is also possible, especially in an emergency situation where there is already trauma, to lose a large amount of blood. In a non-emergency situation bleeding should be well controlled. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son has a below knee amputation and it gets very sore and itchy, he also gets small blisters that weep, what could help him?
How long ago: I'm sorry to hear this. I'm wondering how long ago this was. If it is well healed and far removed from the operation then you should look at his prosthesis. If it is not well fitting or improperly padded there can be a break down at the amputation site. Have you discussed this with the prosthetist? ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Friend has osteogenic sarcoma had below knee amputation 4 days ago. She is already home and has a prosthetic. What happens now? They removed all tumor
What are the alternative treatment for possible chronic bone infection in a below knee amputation?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can someone with a double below the knee amputation walk again?
- Can you tell me the recovery time for a below the knee amputation?
- Above knee amputation complications
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bilateral below knee amputation
- Below the knee amputation stump wrapping
- Guillotine below knee amputation
- Physical therapy for amputation below the knee
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free