Doctor insights on:
Beets And Poop Color
My poop is normal brown, but the water in the toilet bowl is a reddish color. I have been eating a lot of beets, 2 days ago. What's going on? Afraid.
As an infant, i ate a huge amount of beets. Pooped during my nap and my mom swears the poop stained my butt cheek. 28 yrs later, still there. Why?
Doubt it caused this: If you have an odd coloration of your skin in this area it would be reasonable to consult with a dermatologist to determine the cause. Beets is not a common part of an infant diet in this region, but I have practiced in various parts of the world & never heard of this happening in three decades. I am aware of several skin issues that could produce localized color variations in this location. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Eating Beets can: Cause red stools sometimes. Eating blue berries, black licorice, iron pills or medications containing bismuth can cause black stools. Black stools associated with GI bleeds are usually malodorous and tarry. A doctor can easily check stool for blood. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Ate roasted beets, quinoa w/ cardemom & plain yogurt. Defecated 3/4 - 1 hour later. Beets very evident in stool. Isn't this rather quick transit?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Beets and stool color
- Red beets and stool color
- Cant poop and my back hurts
- What does it mean if your poop is yellow and runny?
- What does it mean when you have bloating and stringy poop?
- When you poop and blood comes out
- Why does one side of my face become hot and beet red?
- Throwing up blood and pooping blood
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online