Doctor insights on:
Bee Sting Infection
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Do I have a bee sting infection? been 3 days and still itches a lot. is turning purple and sting site is whiteish and slightly raised. also warmer.
Bell venom allergy: It's much more likely that you're allergic to the venom the bee injected into you. Itching is a hallmark of allergy - and if the area is inflamed like that, it's probably all allergy. I would try putting some ice on it (10 min on, 10 min off), take some benadryl or other antihistamine every 6 to 8 hours and see what happens. If you develop a fever, or the rash area extends, you need to show a doc. ...Read more
Bee sting still itching badly after 8 days. No visible stinger left. No signs of infection. What should I do?
????????????????: It is not clear what you are asking.If the kid had an allergic reaction to the med it could be immediate, or show up as a rash or digestive problems within a few days.If you are looking for something specific, please start over and be specific.This is not a chat room and questions are not linked. ...Read more
Use EpiPEN, (epinephrine) go to ER: You may have no problem with this, but if you have an allergy or you think you do, my advice is to get to an er asap. They will give you Epinephrine so you don't go into anaphylactic shock, which can close your airway and kill you. After this episode is over, you might want to see your doctor and get an epipen, (epinephrine) which is a shot of Epinephrine you can give yourself quick if this happens again. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: If a person has a severe allergic reaction, call 911 and be treated in the er. To determine who needs to be seen by an allergist go to my blog: http://www.Familyallergyasthmacare.Com/2013/09/i-was-stung-and-had-a-reaction-do-i-need-to-see-an-allergist/. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bee sting: It's usually painful unless you've been stung frequently and developed immunity to the components in the fluid associated with the sting. As a beekeeper i usually get stung each spring, and it is painful until my immunity kicks in. You can decreased the pain if you rub and freshly cut slice of onion over the sting after you've scraped out the stinger. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bee sting infection symptoms
- Can you get an infection from a bee sting?
- Bacterial skin infection from bee sting
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bee sting
- Itchy bee sting treatment
- Lump on neck bee stings
- Bee sting treatment for arthritis
- Talk to a dermatologist online