Doctor insights on:
Barium Enema Tip Insertion Difficulty
I'm going to barium enema next week with that I have black stools and blood black and sometimes black stools.What are the complications of examination?
Few: Serious complications from a barium colon study are rare. Very rare cases of perforation of the rectum have been reported during insertion of the enema tip. Adequate lubrication and gentle insertion are the best prevention. Minor side effects include bloating, cramping, and passing gas. ...Read more
Barium is a chemical element with symbol ba and atomic number 56. It is the fifth element in group 2, a soft silvery metallic alkaline earth metal. Because of its high chemical reactivity barium is never found in nature as a free element. Its hydroxide was known in pre-modern history as baryta; this substance does not occur as a mineral, but can be prepared ...Read more
Cancer/Infection: Typically, a barium enema is performed to evaluate the colon for cancer, infection, inflammatory diseases. It can be requested when a colonoscopy is incomplete or not able to be performed. See: http://www.Webmd.Com/colorectal-cancer/barium-enema. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Barium enema catheter insertion procedure
- Barium enema catheter insertion illustration
- What is the difference between a barium enema and a ct scan?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Barium enema after effects
- Barium enema after colonoscopy
- What is first barium swallow or enema?
- Can you eat and drink after barium enema?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free