Doctor insights on:
Barium Enema Colostomy
Before colonostomy bag was put on me, barium enema test was 2 painful. After it was put on, dr. Said "be won't hurt now" because of operation. True?
Barium is a chemical element with symbol ba and atomic number 56. It is the fifth element in group 2, a soft silvery metallic alkaline earth metal. Because of its high chemical reactivity barium is never found in nature as a free element. Its hydroxide was known in pre-modern history as baryta; this substance does not occur as a mineral, but can be prepared ...Read more
I had a colon resection for colon cancer and now have a ostomy. I'm having problems and a barium enema shows filing of the cecum. What would cause thi?
I"m confused: If you have a colostomy, and barium is injected into it, the cecum (the first part of the colon in the rlq) should fill. Now, if the barium is injected into your rectal stump and the barium fills, then there's a tract (fistula) between the rectal stump and the cecum, which is not normal. This should be discussed with the operating surgeon. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cancer/Infection: Typically, a barium enema is performed to evaluate the colon for cancer, infection, inflammatory diseases. It can be requested when a colonoscopy is incomplete or not able to be performed. See: http://www.Webmd.Com/colorectal-cancer/barium-enema. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a barium enema and a ct scan?
- How long after a barium enema until a bowel movement?
- Barium enema after effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is first barium swallow or enema?
- Can you eat and drink after barium enema?
- Is there a difference between a barium swallow and a barium enema?
- Air contrast barium enema preparation
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free