Doctor insights on:
Bandage Sprained Finger
4-6 weeks: A very bad sprained finger can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal. If your finger still hurts a lot after 2 weeks, go see your doc to check for possible stress fracture. Each week you should feel better, be able to move your finger more. If your finger stops improving or gets worse, you should see your doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ice and early motion: It is important to find out if the finger is sprained and not broken. The only way to know for sure is to get an x-ray. Once a fracture is ruled out, an early protected range of motion exercises can begin. Finger joints can get stuff quickly, so it is important to get them moving as soon as possible. Talk to a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and/or an occupational therapist for treatment. ...Read more
R.I.C.E.: Rest (limit your activities with the finger), immobilization (with a splint to limit movement), cold (packs of ice, 20 mins on, then 20 mins. Off) and elevation (above the heart, whenever possible to reduce swelling). If r.I.C.E. Does not provide sufficient relief, or if you are in severe pain, then it's time to see you doctor to confirm the diagnosis. Over the counter tylenol or Motrin can help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain and swelling: A finger sprain is an injury involving the supporting structures of joint. The joint capsule and ligaments, provide stability to the joint. In a sprain, these structures are excessively stretched, buy not disrupted. Joint pain, swelling and laxity are common symptoms, resolve with time and can be helped by brief immobilization, protected range of motion, ice, nsaid's and steroids. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How should i bandage my sprained foot and my broken finger?
- How long does a sprained finger take to heal?
- How could i tell the difference between a sprained and broken finger?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you have to put a splint on a sprained finger?
- Wrap sprained hand ace bandage
- How do i know if i sprained my finger?
- Do i need to see a doctor if i have sprained finger?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free