Doctor insights on:
Bananas And Diabetes Type 2
Can sugar alone(from soda)cause diabetes type 2? I eat healthily and am 146 pounds and 6 feet tall, I drink 2 litres of coke over a span of two days
Presistent increased frequency of emptying bladder, urinating, as a symptom of a disease state. 2 types: Mellitus (high blood glucose) & Insipidus (inadequate anti-diuretic hormone). In Diabetes mellitus, the far more common, glucose concentrations are ↑ed due to combination of 8 organ system changes referred to as the "ominous octet" & aggravated by intake of sugars (simple & complex ...Read more
Family and Weight: For type 2 diabetes, the underlying cause is that cells do not respond normally to insulin. This "insulin resistance" has a strong genetic basis, so if someone has family members with type 2 diabetes, they are at higher risk. Being overweight or obese also increases one's risk, because the excess fat also causes Insulin resistance. Losing 20 pounds can significantly reduce the risk for diabetes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diabetes: Not possible, with proper treatment.Get a more detailed answer ›
Many: The causes are not clearly known. There are certain factors which may lead to diabetes. Virus infections can lead to diabetes. If it runs in your family, you are obese, smoke cigarettes, had gestational diabetes or had a baby weighing 9 or more pounds, have impaired glucose tolerance, do not exercise regularly, low HDL cholesterol or high triglycerides, high blood pressure you are at high risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes you definitely can. The first step is accepting YOU are responsible for your health. Emerging mobile tools that integrate remote monitoring with gamification and diabetes prevention program content will help you stay on track. Three behaviors ( water, veggie and fruit intake, activity level) and 3 NUMBERS ( weight, blood pressure, blood sugar dictate your health. You can take control of them ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many years does it take to burn out the pancreas and get type 2 diabetes?
- Can i get breast implants if i have diabetes type 2 and hypertension?
- Can losing weight help get rid of type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Compare and contrast type 1 and 2 diabetes
- What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- What are symptom differences between type 2 diabetes and luekemia?
- Comparison between type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free