Doctor insights on:
Bananas And Diabetes Type 2
Family and Weight: For type 2 diabetes, the underlying cause is that cells do not respond normally to insulin. This "insulin resistance" has a strong genetic basis, so if someone has family members with type 2 diabetes, they are at higher risk. Being overweight or obese also increases one's risk, because the excess fat also causes Insulin resistance. Losing 20 pounds can significantly reduce the risk for diabetes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diabetes mellitus originally means sweet urine. It results from the inability of the body to properly process food we consume into sugar and control it. Medically is defined as persistently high blood sugar above 125mg/dl in the fasting state or above 200 randomly--this is how docs test your blood to diagnose diabetes. Stay well and have ...Read more
Pretty high.: But mostly that depends on lifestyle. Most kids who have type ii dm are obese and have family history of diabetes. Kids who are overweight or obese arent big because of genetics. They are big because the whole family lacks exercise and has a poor diet. Make sure you put maximum effort into ensuring your child stays physically active and eats well. And be a good model and lose weight too. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many: The causes are not clearly known. There are certain factors which may lead to diabetes. Virus infections can lead to diabetes. If it runs in your family, you are obese, smoke cigarettes, had gestational diabetes or had a baby weighing 9 or more pounds, have impaired glucose tolerance, do not exercise regularly, low HDL cholesterol or high triglycerides, high blood pressure you are at high risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes you definitely can. The first step is accepting YOU are responsible for your health. Emerging mobile tools that integrate remote monitoring with gamification and diabetes prevention program content will help you stay on track. Three behaviors ( water, veggie and fruit intake, activity level) and 3 NUMBERS ( weight, blood pressure, blood sugar dictate your health. You can take control of them ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many years does it take to burn out the pancreas and get type 2 diabetes?
- Can i get breast implants if i have diabetes type 2 and hypertension?
- Can losing weight help get rid of type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure?
- I'm 37 year old i have type 2 diabetes and what we do
- Compare and contrast type 1 and 2 diabetes
- What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
- What are symptom differences between type 2 diabetes and luekemia?
- Comparison between type 1 and 2 diabetes
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free