Doctor insights on:
Bad To Have Chickenpox Lupus
Chickenpox is an illness caused by a virus known as varicella zoster. The first time someone is infected with this virus, usually in childhood, he or she will develop an itchy rash consisting of vesicles or fluid filled, reddened blisters. Chickenpox is highly contagious and spread via infected individuals. We now have an effective ...Read more
I was diagnosed with lupus while living in Egypt. I tried to get a diagnosis here in US but it was negative. However im sure im having a bad flare.
See a Rheumatologist: You Don, t say how they arrived at the diagnosis in Egypt or what your symptoms are or what a flare consists of. It is worth noting that the diagnosis is not made by blood test alone, but by a set of tests, symptoms and physical findings. A Rheumatogist can figure this out. A positive or negative lupus test alone is not the way to diagnose. ...Read more
Auto immune disease: Acordding t o mayo clinic : lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that occurs when your body's immune system attacks your own tissues and organs. Inflammation caused by lupus can affect many different body systems — including your joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, brain, heart and lungs. ...Read more
What happens if an adult gets the chickenpox? It is a childhood disease and I have heard that if an adult gets it is bad. How?
Unusual severity: During the era when 2 million cases a year occurred in the us, few worried about adult cases as most got them as kids. Now with available vaccines, some slip through without disease or vaccinations.Adults can develop a severe pneumonia that can be fatal, with onset soon after the skin findings appear. Vaccination is a good idea for any adult that missed them. ...Read more
Had intermit fmla x 1yr for lupus/sjrog as i struggled w/ bad flares.Now under better control but get unexpected bad days. I don't plan to use but don't want to get fired if i get sick.Renew fmla?
Lupus erythematosus is a name given to a collection of autoimmune diseases, in which the human immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissues.Symptoms of these diseases can affect many different body systems, including joints, skin, kidneys, blood ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my lower back hurt extremely bad before i have to make a bowel movement?
- What causes farts to smell really bad and having to pass gas often?
- What does it mean to have a bad pain on my side by my ribs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for your head to hurt so bad you feel like you have to throw up?
- Is it normal to have a bad taste in the mouth after tonsillectomy?
- How bad does a cut have to be to get tetanus shot?
- Feels like i have to pee really bad but it takes me forever to pee
- Talk to a pediatrician online