Doctor insights on:
Bad Reaction To Tetanus Shot
Had tetanus shot on Sunday. Now have pain everywhere and tight chest. Is this a serious reaction. How long will it last.
Call your doctor now: This isn't a normal response to be lasting 72 hours. Call your doctor, and go in for an ad on/ walk in appt. now. If you have shortness of breadth with it, go to the ER instead. ...Read more
I just received a booster tetanus shot yesterday morning. Tonight, I am running a 101 degree fever. Is that a normal reaction?
Was just wondering if having a reaction to a tetanus shot as a child like hives and swollen lips is something I should always make medical staff aware
As infant, my son had reaction to dpt, so was given only dt. Now 28, he is told he can't have tetanus shot bcause it will contain pertussis. True?
Possibly.: This depends on what his reaction to the DPT was.If it was a mild reaction,further DPT's may not have been given. Recommendations have changed,though,so if it was a mild reaction,a Tdap may be safe for him now.Also, the pertussis portion of the Tdap is different from the pertussis portion of the DPT given to him as an infant.He may want to consider getting an infectious disease specialist consult. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Husband's last tetanus shot-about 15 yrs ago-left a red raised round lump size of half an apple. Was this an allergic reaction? Doc didn't seem to kno
I haven't had a booster and i am 66 years old do i need a tetanus shot because i have a bad cut from a kitchen appliance.
Tetanus: You need a booster because you're 66 and haven't had one in many years however it is unrelated to the kitchen appliances. That Miss Liz on Rusty anoxic areas and will affect humans from dirty rusty instruments I will assume your kitchen appliances a relatively clean and rust free ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My jaw hurts when i try to open it. I have had my tetanus shot. This has been ongoing for a week. The pain is especially bad when i try to eat.?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How bad does a cut have to be to get tetanus shot?
- Is it safe to skip a dtap shot if my baby had a bad reaction in the past?
- How long is my arm going to hurt after getting a tetanus shot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long after receiving a tetanus shot is it safe to receive a flu shot?
- Is it okay to have lower back pain after a tetanus or meningitis shot?
- Allergic reaction to flu shot rash
- Is it bad to smoke with the anti rabies shots?
- Talk to a pediatrician online