Doctor insights on:
Bad Reaction To Second Session Of Carbo Taxol
Husband is being put on carboplatin/arbraxane for 3b squamous nsclc, after taxol reaction. Concurrent radation therapy. Is this an effective plan?
Multiple, see below.: The most common adverse reactions are low blood counts, irritation of your nerve endings, nausea, vomiting, muscle & joint aches, diarrhea, irritation of your oral cavity, fever, swelling, and abnormalities of your liver function tests. See your doctor if you have any of these symptoms to see if your dose needs to be modified. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
AFTER taxol/A/C for breast cancer stage2,path result-Lympho vascular invasion-shouldn't chemo resolved this? What now?
Ask your oncologist!: You need to givel us more information...Did the tumor shrink on chemotherapy? How much. shrinkage? If the tumor did not shrink much, that is a bad sign. But if it reduced in size substantially then you are on the right track. But your oncologist can address your questions and guide you better. ...Read more
Was given Taxol and carbo 3 x h & h were terrible stopped Taxol now platelets are 9 and h & h dropping doc can't figure out think something else going?
Stops cell division.: In order to grow and spread, cancer cells need to divide and make copies of themselves. In order to divide and make copies of itself, the cell must prepare by organizing a kind of internal scaffolding, called microtubules. Taxol works by preventing the microtubules from functioning properly. Consequently, the cells can't divide properly and cancer growth is slowed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stops cell division: Taxol is a chemotherapeutic agent that act to arrest rapidly dividing cells such as cancer cells. As such, it can also impede certain "normal" cell division such as white blood cels. Cell counts must be monitored frequently during treatment with this agent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of allergic reaction on face?
- How to get rid of allergic reaction bumps?
- How to get rid of face rash from allergic reaction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of really bad ingrown hairs?
- I have a lot of spit in my mouth is my spit causing me to have bad breath
- Allergic reaction to insect bites circular rash at site of tick bite
- How to reverse the bad effects of soy?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free