Doctor insights on:
Bacterial Vaginosis Vaginitis Panel
Is bacterial vaginosis/vaginitis considered a sexually transmitted disease? How is chronic BV treated?
What medication would be ideal to use to cure vaginal infections? Specifically bacterial vaginosis?
See answer : Although BV will sometimes clear up without treatment, all women with symptoms of BV should be treated to avoid complications. Male partners generally do not need to be treated. Recommended regimens: *metronidazole 500 mg PO bid x 7 days; or *metronidazole gel 0.75%, one full applicator (5 g) intravaginally, once daily x 5 days; or *clindamycin cream 2%, one full applicator (5 g) daily x 7 days. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Unlikely: Bv definitely can't kill you. Other stds can have serious complications. Gonorrhea can migrate to other areas of your body and cause real problems, as can syphilis. If you're worried you have an infection, definitely be see as it's worth it. Can always go to family planning clinic or community clinic as they have slide scale or free treatment. Don't hesitate if you're worried! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I've had a lot of yellow/green mucous discharge and burning pain for months, now. Negative STD panels as well as negative for yeast and bacterial vaginosis. ?
I just found out I have bacterial vaginosis. I lost my virginity 3 months ago and I've only had one partner. Did my boyfriend give this to me?
BV: Bv is a condition caused by an overgrowth of normal vaginal flora as a result of a pH change. This change is a manifestation of a possible decreased immune system, which could be a temporary condition. Probiotics, anti-oxidants, vitamins, omega 3 are some supplements one can take to increase the immune system. Avoid sugar, artificial sweeteners, minimize stress to name a few. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can bacterial vaginosis go away without antibiotics?
- When being treated for bacterial vaginosis can you still have intercourse
- Bacterial vaginosis brown discharge
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bacterial vaginosis (bacterial infection of the vagina)
- Ovarian cyst an bacterial vaginosis linked
- Does herpes simplex 2 cause an increase of bacterial vaginosis?
- How long does vaginal odor associated with bacterial vaginosis last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free