Doctor insights on:
Bacterial Vaginosis Bv
Depends: For some women, they may not have any symptoms of the infection, but for some it may cause irritation, pain with intercourse, a foul-odor. For pregnant women, BV untreated increases the risk for preterm labor. Other than that it isn't associated with any harmful effects to a woman. ...Read more
Bacterial vaginosis: "Approximately 50 to 75 percent of women with BV have no symptoms. Those with symptoms often note an unpleasant, "fishy smelling" vaginal discharge that is more noticeable after sexual intercourse. Vaginal discharge that is off-white and thin may also be present.Some patients have itching. Pain during urination or sex, redness, and swelling are not typical." See dr to know. ...Read more
Yes/Off label use: Yes Clindamycin 300mg twice daily for 7 days is an effective alternative to Metronidazole for the treatment of bacterial vaginosis caused by gardnerella vaginalis. It is important that a proper diagnosis be made by your doctor. Be sure to complete the antibiotic course. Common side effects include diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea/vomitting. Report any uncontrollable diarrhea/severe abdoninal pain. ...Read more
How do you get rid of bacterial vaginosis BV ?When i pee it smells really bad and it's so yellow i'm 16.
BV: Bv is associated with an over-growth or imbalance of bacteria that are normally found in the vagina. It is usually treated with metronidazole. Wear clean cotton underwear daily and avoid tight jeans or other tight pants. Avoid using douche, or other hygiene products with scents or dyes. Avoid smoking. It is not an std, but is more common in women with multiple sexual partners. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Vaginosis: No, your baby should not be affected by your vaginosis. ...Read more
Have any of you doctors hard of using boric acid suppositories to cure bacterial vaginosis? I have recurrent BV & i read about boric acid being good.
Boric acid: Yes, boric acid suppositories can be used effectively for bacterial vaginosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can bacterial vaginosis go away without antibiotics?
- When being treated for bacterial vaginosis can you still have intercourse
- Bacterial vaginosis brown discharge
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bacterial vaginosis (bacterial infection of the vagina)
- Ovarian cyst an bacterial vaginosis linked
- Does herpes simplex 2 cause an increase of bacterial vaginosis?
- How long does vaginal odor associated with bacterial vaginosis last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free