Doctor insights on:
I had bacterial vagina infection dr described metronidozale am on day 5 of 7 the discharges are the same how long shall I use it to see healing signs?
Different infection?: Bacterial vaginosis ("bacterial vaginal infection") almost always responds to metronidazole for 5-7 days; so does trichomonas, which causes similar symptoms. Lack of improvement after a week suggests something else instead of (or in addition to) BV. Need tests for STD (gonorrhea, chlamydia) and yeast if not done yet. Sometimes a foreign body, like forgotten tampon. Discuss with your doctor. ...Read more
I'm trying to figure out if I have a bacterial vagina infection again? It smells like it but i've had a yeast infection in the past.
Yes possible: Yu could have added secondary bacterial infection , see your doctor for diagnosis and treatment , you will need antibiotics ...Read more
Being treated for bacterial infection of vagina. Vulva area is red, and burns. What can I safely use on area to soothe the skin?
Think diaper rash!: If the vulva and perirectal area are this irritated, you might want to approach it like you would a diaper rash. For example, a&d ointment, zinc oxide, or dessitin are great "water-proofers." they may help protect the area while you have a chance to heal. Good luck. Lgromkomd. ...Read more
Need referral for gyno or infectious disease dr in los angeles area who can cure complicated bacterial infection of vagina/vulva. Suffering 3 months.
Bacterial vaginosis: The most common cause is gardnerella vaginalis (although others can be involved). The diagnosis is typically straightforward in the doctor's office. The treatment is with antibiotics, depending on which drugs are effective in your community and your personal drug allergies. A bacterial infection in the vagina can only be treated after a doctor does an exam, and sometimes lab tests. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Vagina bacterial infection can that stop your periods
- Bacterial infection of the vagina
- Bacterial vaginosis (bacterial infection of the vagina)
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bacterial infection of the vagina bacterial vaginosis vaginal diseases
- Herbal treatment for history of bacterial infection of the vagina
- What to use for a bacterial infection in your vagina if u can go to the dr?
- Remedies for history of bacterial infection of the vagina
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free