Doctor insights on:
Bacterial Throat Infection Not Strep
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Culture: The symptoms of viral or bacterial infection of the throat or tonsils may be similar. The appearance of these structures on physical examination may also be similar. Therefore, a culture of the throat will determine if you have pathological bacterial species. This is how any physician can only determine the etiology of a sore throat. ...Read more
Hard to distinguish: clinically, except to note that most are viral - especially ...Read more
I've got recently been treated for a strep throat infection, so i'm wondering how long does this bacteria stay on objects in my household?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of bacterial infection will cause blisters in the back of your throat?
- Sore throat white spots not strep
- Puss pockets in throat not strep
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can tonsils have white spots and not be strep throat?
- Strep throat amoxicillin not working
- White spots on throat not strep
- Strep throat and urinary tract infection
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free