Doctor insights on:
Bacterial Spinal Meningitis
Photophobia is eye discomfort in bright light. The discomfort of light sensitivity can be reduced by avoiding sunlight, closing the eyes, wearing dark glasses, or darkening the room. However, the cause for the light sensitivity should be determined, since proper treatment may cure the problem. Seek urgent medical attention if pain is moderate to ...Read more
Meningitis: Untreated there will be a very high mortality rate, but if treated, many patients will survive, but the mortality rate will depend upon the causative organism, the rapidity with which therapy is initiated, and the underlying age and health status of the person infected. ...Read more
Very unlikely: In individuals with normal immune function.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bacterial meningitis
- Spinal meningitis
- Is bacterial meningitis airborne?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bacterial meningitis risk factors
- Bacterial or viral meningitis
- Is there a vaccine for bacterial meningitis?
- Bacterial meningitis in infants
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online