Doctor insights on:
Bacterial Infection In The Eye
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Sort of: Eyes, ears, nose, sinuses and throat are connected. Usually if it is your eye and ear that are infected it is from one virus infection. You can get a bacterial infection in the sinus that spreads to the ears and eyes. This is seen more in children. They usually start with virus. (clear discharge) most eye infections are virus and can develop into bacterial. (thick yellow, green) wash your hands! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I got bacterial infection on my eye lid (just the skin) should I go see a dermatologist or ophthalmologist?
What do you advise if I'm taking besivance for a conjunctivitis bacterial infection in my eye. can I drink alcohol?
Every time I get: this question, nobody ever says "can I have one drink, or drink a six pack." One or two occasional social drinks while being treated for an infection is unlikely to cause problems, but any larger amount or regular drinking is a bad idea. Alcohol impairs our immune function and ability to fight infections, and has drug interactions with a large number of meds, including some antibiotics. ...Read more
I have a white dot on the edge of my iris since a week. I wear eye contacts. Is it bacterial infection? Is it dangerous? Eye gets red and irritated.
My 4 year old got erythromycin ointment for bacterial infection in eye. Looks all cleared up...How long do I need to apply it for? Dr was vague...
Keep getting bacterial infections I guess in my eye. Is it because I work in daycare or go to college?
Both: You need to wash your hands with antibacterial soap very frequently. ...Read more
Ophthalmologist!: As an infectious diseases specialist, i refer patients to an ophthalmologist (not an optometrist!) since they have the medical knowledge to determine viral and bacterial infections of the eye, since it may require their expertise to sample the fluid within the eye (vitreous sampling) and to possible instill an anti-infective into the eye. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of bacterial infection will cause blisters in the back of your throat?
- Is my acne caused by bacterial or fungal infection in the pores?
- Can a bacterial infection in the spine cause numbness in the fingers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for an eye infection to cause dementia in the elderly?
- Can you get a bacterial infection in the mouth?
- What to use for a bacterial infection in your vagina if u can go to the dr?
- Infection in the blood bacterial infections
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online