Doctor insights on:
Back Fusion Surgery
6 weeks: 6 weeks or longer for a full recovery. ...Read more
A fusion gets rid of a joint or disk between to bones, getting the bones to join together with bone between them. If successful, it eliminates almost all the motion between the bones. Sometimes fusion simply occur as a result of disease, rarely from aging. Most of the time ...Read more
I had back fusion surgery one month ago . Can't take anti anflamatories yet, dr's orders. How about osteo bi-flex? Thank you!
Does lower back fusion surgery
limit the mobility in your back can you still be flexible as you use to be?
Yes: ? Re: lumbar fusion & post-op mobility. Certainly & can result in transfere of flexion forces to sacroiliac joints, SIJ, & repetitively stress them, over time, to pain & permanent loss of ligament integrity. Fusion surgeons should stop harvesting iliac crest bone because oft disrupts iliolumbar ligament of SIJ; leading to same problems. ...Read more
First, it is : Unlikely that even if a screw was not properly placed would you feel any movement of it. If the screw was placed about nerve tissue then you could experience pain and/or neurologic symptoms related to that nerve tissue. If the fusion did not heal then you may also experience a sensation of pain with motion of the back. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Spinal fusion back surgery recovery time
- Back surgery l5 s1 fusion
- Exercises for lumbar fusion back surgery patients
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to pin your ears back without surgery?
- Back pain after gallbladder surgery
- Lapendectomy back surgery
- How many days after volar ganglion cyst surgery can i go back to work?
- Exercises for the upper back neck after c5 and c6 fusion surgery