Doctor insights on:
What kind of back brace (and what size) is helpful for middle aged back aches with no injury history?
I have the worst back pains, and chiropractors work do not work, cause more pain, and are expensive, where can I get a back brace or what can I do?
Prob. negative: You didn't mention what condition you are treating. In general, I do not recommend back braces. They have not proven helpful in the long run for scoliosis. The better treatment is to strengthen your core body muscles to support your back. Wearing a brace long term will instead cause those muscles to atrophy. ...Read more
Back pain braces: Back pain has plenty of causes, nerves, bones, facets, muscles, discs treatment depends on cause.. There situation were a brace can help but we do not have confirmatory evidence except for scoliosis, vertebral fractures--see cochrane database syst rev. 2008 apr 16;(2):cd001823 try rehabilitation with multiple modality. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Osteoporosis back brace
- Is it difficult to breathe with the scoliosis back brace?
- Upper back brace
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does using a back brace make you dependent on the brace forever?
- How to wear a back brace?
- Back brace posture
- Back brace for pregnant women
- Benefits vs risks of wearing a back brace